Welcome

Welcome to our Senior Unit Blog. Here we like to keep you up to date with what is happening in the Senior Unit.
If you would like to contact us feel free to email any of us.
benj@ilsg.sa.edu.au, dwayneh@ilsg.sa.edu.au, jareds@ilsg.sa.edu.au

Tuesday, 29 April 2014

Greetings from Miss Clark


Dear Parents/Carers/Guardians,

 I would like to introduce myself. My name is Ellie Clark; I am 23 years old, am in my first year of teaching and have taken over the role as the 6/7 teacher for Jared Semmler. I am extremely excited to be starting my full time teaching career at Immanuel and even more so to be in a 6/7 class as my passion for teaching is working with this age group of students. I attended Immanuel Lutheran School Gawler myself as a primary school student and then went on to complete secondary school at Xavier College Gawler. As you may or may not know I had the great opportunity of attending camp with the 6/7’s at the end of last term and as a result have already got to know a number of the students across the senior unit. 

 Organisation is a personal strength of mine and it is something that I hope to help students develop over this term. Efficient organisational skills build foundations for success especially leading into high school where often the demands on self-autonomy and independence are greater than that of primary education. This term students will have the opportunity to put their organisational skills into action when they plan and lead a fitness session together with two or three other peers. I believe it is beneficial for middle school students to have opportunities to take ownership and responsibility of their learning in a supportive environment.

I am also very excited about the Monday rotation sessions that I will be running where this term students will have the opportunity to learn about nutrition and some basic cooking and food preparation skills. Food and nutrition is another keen interest of mine and I am especially passionate about giving children an understanding of what is healthy for their bodies and giving them the skills to be able to prepare something for themselves in the kitchen. Hopefully this term we as a senior unit will have a bit of fun with this but also develop some practical skills and knowledge that will be of benefit in the future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me via email if you have any queries. I will strive to address these as promptly and thoroughly as I can.

I hope you all had a lovely Easter,

Kind Regards Ellie Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment