Welcome

Welcome to our Senior Unit Blog. Here we like to keep you up to date with what is happening in the Senior Unit.
If you would like to contact us feel free to email any of us.
benj@ilsg.sa.edu.au, dwayneh@ilsg.sa.edu.au, jareds@ilsg.sa.edu.au

Tuesday, 2 September 2014

Year 6 Mini Group Task




In groups of four.

1.Allocate each member of your group either the biosphere, geosphere, atmosphere or hydrosphere

2.You will then have to research a real life disaster that has occurred in the past involving your ‘sphere’ e.g. hydrosphere might look at the 2012 Queensland Floods

3.You will have to present on an a3 piece of paper divided into four sections, so that is one a3 sheet for the entire group (1 quarter each)

4.You will have to include the following information

•The Type of Disaster e.g. flash flood

•Where it Happened e.g Queensland, Australia

•When it happened, (The actual date/s)

•Why it happened, e.g. what causes floods? (scientific info)

1 comment:

  1. I know I am a Year 7 but I still wanted to check out the site...so I did.
    I tried going clicking on the website link and it doesn't work.

    Procedure of how to get there
    What you have to do is go to Google and type in National Geographic. Click on the first or second web link that says National Geographic and then click on the tab that says Environment and then click on Natural Disasters.

    ReplyDelete